Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WTF?

So here are my thoughts for this blog.

There are already some good places on the internet for me to share my thoughts with others. But I've got a lot of thoughts, and not all of them have a good home.

I have a blog where I write about my baseball research. I've got a Facebook profile that I try to avoid, but often fail. Heck, I've even got a Twitter account, but 140 words doesn't do it for me. I didn't leave Communist Russia to have the folks at Twitter tell me how long my thoughts have to be.

I'm not sure what kind of content I'll have here. But so much of the things I like to write about don't belong on Facebook, Twitter, or a nerdy baseball blog.

I use to write this kind of stuff in emails to friends. But no one reads long emails any more. Or if they do, they sure don't respond as often as they used to. Maybe Twitter and links to articles on Facebook is the future, and the future is now. And maybe proofreading emails is dead. And maybe I'm becoming a grumpy old man, but that doesn't mean I have to be like any of it, or that I have to be like anyone else.

So that's it. No 140 character haikus. No links to news articles. And absolutely nothing about statistics, baseball, money, poker, or anything like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment